I know, I know, this is another post in English but it's kind of like day one now and I'm not quite ready to write a tout au Francais. I don't even know if that sentence makes sense!
So what am I doing to kick this off?
- Peppering my sentences with French words. Whenever I learn un mot nouveau I try to use it in my English sentences. This builds up my confidence and helps me to get flowing.
- I've changed my Facebook language to Francais. So far I've learned that j'aime means "like" j'aime non plus means "unlike" and peut-etre means "maybe".
- I've changed my Chrome language to Francais. Nouvel Onglet means "new tab" and traduire means "translate"
- I've changed my phone language to Francais. This has impacted all of my apps. I haven't learned much from that yet but we'll get there soon.
- I've also changed LinkedIn to Francais. I use that a lot for work so hopefully soon I'll learn a few more career related words.
My next task is learning some filler phrases: things like "exactly right" "funny you should ask" and "no you're completely wrong". I've already remembered a few easy ones: bon idee, c'est tres interessant, and I've realised that mais means but.
So next time one of you sees me in the pub, achete moi un boisson sil vous plais! Vin rouge. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment